Somatic Movement Arts Festival, L.A.
Continuum movement will be the particular somatic portal through which we organize our Lab
score building though every morning students will be tasting from a fuller palette of somatic
movement offerings. Whether you live nearby or are coming from far away, it is necessary to
carve out the week for in-depth work together.
The festival has been structured to facilitate a deep somatic unfolding that will support the
Performance Lab process. Beginning with morning class, Performance Lab students will warm
during our Lab hours (so there is harmony to our starting point each day and we use our
Performance Lab class time most efficiently). Select additional rehearsal hours have been set
aside for extra help from Performance Lab facilitators. There will be two conference calls prior
to the start of the session that will begin the process of connecting and finding out about each
person's journey thus far and what they are hoping to express. The Lab will culminate in a
performance at Soma Fest on Sunday.
|Space Limited to 12 Participants
Performance Lab cost: $120
Performance Lab participants are eligible
to receive a discount off the cost of SOMA
Fest main registration fee!
|Facilitators: Emilie Conrad, Caryn Heilman, & Teri Carter
4 Day Intensive: Tues-Fri, Sept 13-16, 12:30-4:00 pm
plus rehearsals & participation in performance 4pm Sunday, Sept 18th
Founded and Directed by Teri Carter and Intention Dance Theatre
Submit application via email to email@example.com, Deadline: September 11, 2010
1. Name, address, email, phone
2. Bio of up to 100 words describing your somatic and/or performance experience.
3. Submit proposals with a seed of a concept or a work-in-progress. This could be:
- a somatic movement idea you would like to see resulting in performance, OR
- a performance concept or work-in-progress (≤10 mins) you’d like to bring more embodied
4. Optional: submit a YouTube link or send a DVD of work (3-10 min max clip)