|SOMATIC MOVEMENT EDUCATION & FITNESS|
- CONTINUUM MOVEMENT
- Teri is a registered Teacher of Continuum, a most powerful somatic practice
- to Rest, Restore and Rejuvinate your whole body-mind system. Founded by
Emilie Conrad over 40 years ago, this method of holistic fitness generates
profound health and refined performance capacity. Based on the fact that our
- bodies are 60-80% water, Continuum uses breath, sound and subtle
movement to shift body structure/form to experience more fluidity by listening
- to the wisdom of the body. The results are less restriction and pain in
connective tissues - ALL connective tissues; muscles, fascia, bone, organs,
- EXPERIENTIAL ANATOMY
- A process of understanding and owning ones' body from the inside-out.
- This empowering practice enables you to be more proactive in the prevention
- of and recovery from health and movement issues. For athletes, massage/
bodywork therapists, yoga practitioners and anyone interested in being in
- charge of their own body. Powerful for health prevention, injury recovery, and
- LIFE PERFORMANCE MENTORING
- Ready to grow?
- The EMBODIY LIFE METHOD integrates the teachings of the Life Purpose
Coaching Institute along with guided facilitation of embodied processes
through somatic experience. Executive, professional, athletic and personal
coaching at EMBODIED LIFE are for people who are ready to make a serious
- commitment to growth. We cover a broad range of development issues with
- a particular focus on presence, embodied leadership, relationship building,
and high performance. Teri's clients create exciting and positive changes in
their personal and professional lives - they are empowered to live a fulfilled
- life with vitality. Live pain-free and ready to succeed. Perceptual, sensorial
- and physical integration allows shifts in your body-mind system to go beyond
- your restraints. Stress relief skills will free you from self-limiting patterns
- and beliefs, so you can awaken to your true potential with ease. Breathwork,
- ergonomic alignment, and somato-sensory tracking provide a lens for
- optimal effectiveness in our daily life.
- BREATHWORK - LONGEVITY & WELLNESS
- Teri teaches Continuum's breath and sound method. In addition, she
- became an instructor of Circular Breathing through Energy Arts, with Taoist
- Master Bruce Frantsiz. The basic techniques of Taoist Longevity Breathing
- get everything inside your body moving and in sync with the rhythm of your
breathing. It wakes up the inside of your body and makes it incredibly healthy.
- The methodology cultivates your ability to relax at any time and concentrate
- for long periods. Taoist Longevity Breathing facilatates oxygen intake and the
- balances the oxygen-carbon dioxide exhange in the body. It fully expells
- carbon dioxide and retrains your nervous system to relax. It also improves
- the functioning of your internal organs and increases chi reserves in the body.
- DEVELOPMENTAL MOVEMENT REPATTERNING
- Basic Neuroligal Patterns (BNP) and Reflexes are inherent in our
- development from the time of our conception, while in our mother's womb,
- and after our birth through infancy. Through the School for Body-Mind
- cellular patterns. The development of these patterns in humans parallels
- the evolutionary development of movement through the animal kingdom.
- The Basic Neurological Patterns are the words of our movement. They are
- the building blocks for the phrases and sentences of our activities. They
- also establish a base for our perceptual relationships (including body
- image and spatial orientation) and for our learning and communication.
- SOMATIC DANCE
- Teri has mastered the Art of Dance. She is still dancing, performing and
choreographing at the age of 54, with ease. By applying her knowledge
- and skill of Somatic Movement to Dance, Teri has helped hundreds of
- dancers around the world to move from the inside-out while remaining
- healthy and preventing injury.
- Teri holds a BFA and MA in Dance, and worked with some of the greatest
visionaries in the Dance world, including Steve Paxton, Simone Forti, Lisa
Nelson, and Anna Halprin. Teri is the founder and director of L.A.'s Intention
Dance Theatre, as well as SOMA Fest L.A./NYC. Formerly in NYC, Teri
- founded Mobility Junction Dance Theatre, a company of mixed physical
- ability artists and toured the US and Europe.
- ANIMAL COMMUNICATION and
- BODY BALANCING
- Teri has felt a strong connection with animals her whole life. E bringing
- comfort and ease of movement to horses, dogs and cats. Part of her holistic
- process is to help people understand that through their unconditional love,
animals offer a direct reflection of those areas within ourselves that need
- Certified through Gurney Institute of Animal Communication - Body-Balancing,
- Teri learned how the hands-on healing experience strengthens the bond
between animals and their companions. With evaluative and healing
techniques, Teri shows people specific hand movements, and energy work
- to assist their animals when they have physically or emotionally imbalances.
- Teri can also work directly with your animals, as a team with owners and
caregivers to achieve an optimal level of activity and comfort for all types of
animals - Athletes, companions, aging/older, injured, stressed, anxious or
- any animal that needs mental, emotional and physical comfort. CranioSacral,
- Integrated Accupressure, Myofascial Release, Somatic Movement, and
Massage Techniques are used in conjunction with your Veterinarian,
Chiropractor, Acupuncturist, Dentist, Farrier and Trainer to enable your
- animal to perform at an optimal level of activity.
- AUTHENTIC MOVEMENT
- A practice of being witnessed and witnessing. The moving participants are
supportively observed by a witness, who ‘contains’ the experience of the
- mover by witnessing their movements without judgement, projection or
interpretation. In this way the witness is also an active participant, as
witnessing is a practice in observing one’s own sensations and impulses
while observing the mover’s. The movement becomes ‘authentic’ when
- the individual is able to allow their intuitive impulses to freely express
themselves without intellectual directive, as opposed to movement initiated
- by conscious decision making. Individuals simply pay attention to what they
- feel at a sensory level, since “the core of the movement experience is the
sensation of moving and being moved.
- CONTACT IMPROVISATION
- A partner dance form based on the physical principles of touch, momentum,
shared weight, and most quintessentially - following a shared point of contact.
This dance practice explores the skills of falling, rolling, counterbalance, lifting
using minimal effort, how to make ourselves light when being lifted, centering
and breathing techniques, and responsiveness to our partners and
surroundings. Teri has practiced and taught Contact for 25 years, having
studied with early founders Steve Paxton and Nancy Stark Smith.