- BODY-MIND CENTERING
- Body-Mind Centering (BMC) is an integrated approach to transformative experience through hands-on
repatterning and movement re-education. It has application for optimum health and physical/athletic
performance. Developed by Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen over 40 years ago, BMC is an experiential method based
on the embodiment and application of anatomical, physiological, psychophysical and developmental principles,
utilizing movement, touch, voice and mind. This method leads to an understanding of how the mind is expressed
through the body and the body through the mind.
- A hands-on session of Body-Mind Centering® addresses a client's issues via the body systems, working with
muscles, bones, organs, endocrine, immune, circulatory, digestive, and the nervous system. We seek to find
the ease that underlies transformation.
- CRANIAL SACRAL THERAPY
- Cranial Sacral Therapy (CST) is a manual hands-on method that applies a subtle movement of the spinal and
cranial bones to bring the central nervous system into harmony. This therapy addresses the movement of the
cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), which can be restricted by trauma to the body, such as through falls, accidents, and
general nervous tension. By gently working with the spine, the skull and its cranial sutures, diaphragms, and
fascia, the restrictions of nerve passages are eased, the movement of CSF through the spinal cord can be
optimized, and misaligned bones can be restored to their proper position.
- A CST session uses a gentle, soft touch generally no greater than 5 grams, or about the weight of a nickel.
Restrictions are released in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the body's fascial system and
central nervous system. By complementing the body's natural healing processes, CST is used as a preventive
health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and is effective for a wide range of physical
circumstances associated with pain and dysfunction.
- MYO-FASCIAL RELEASE
- Myofascial release refers to a mannual massage technique that stretches the fascia and releases bonds
between fascia and muscles, bones, and integument, with the goal of eliminating pain, increasing range of
motion and balancing the body. The fascia is a seamless web of connective tissue located between the skin
and underlying structure of muscle, organs, and skeletal structures. Muscle and fascia are united forming the
- Teri uses an indirect method of Myofascial Release, with a few grams of pressure to sink into the restricted area
and gently expand it to help the tissue unwind. Injuries, stress, inflammation, trauma, and poor posture can
cause restriction to fascia. Since fascia is an interconnected web, the restriction or tightness to fascia in one
place, with time can spread to other places in the body like a pull in a sweater. The goal of myofascial release is
to release fascia restriction and restore its tissue health.
- VISCERAL MANIPULATION
- This gentle hands-on therapy works through the body’s visceral system (the heart, liver, intestines and other
internal organs) to locate and alleviate points of tension throughout the body. At optimal health, the relationship
between the organs (viscera) and structures of the body (muscles, membranes, fascia and bones) remains
stable despite the body’s endless varieties of motion. But when one organ can’t move in harmony with its
surrounding viscera due to abnormal tone, adhesions or displacement, it works against all the body’s organs
and structures. This disharmony creates fixed, abnormal points of tension that the body is forced to move
around. That chronic irritation, in turn, paves the way for disease and dysfunction.
- These gentle manipulations can potentially improve the ability of the individual organs and the structural
integrity of the entire body. Harmony and health exist when motion is free and relaxed.
- MASSAGE THERAPY
- Massage is the practice of applying structured or unstructured pressure, tension, motion, or vibration —
manually or with mechanical aids — to the soft tissues of the body, including muscles, connective tissue,
tendons, ligaments, joints, lymphatic vessels, organs of the gastrointestinal system and reproductive system to
achieve a beneficial response.
- REIKI AND ENERGY WORK
- Reiki practitioners channel energy in a particular pattern to heal and harmonize. Based on the premise of a
human energy field, Reiki Therapy seeks to restore order to the body when vital energy has become
- Reiki energy has several basic effects: it brings about deep relaxation, releases energy blockages, detoxifies
the system, provides new vitality in the form of healing universal life energy, and increases the vibrational
frequency of the body. In a Reiki treatment the practitioner rests hands for a few minutes on specific areas of
the body (head, torso, legs and back) allowing energy to pass through into the client The client remains fully
clothed at all times and may experience different bodily sensations.
- FLOWER & GEM ESSENCES
- Vibrational remedies can help relieve stress, anxiety, and depression, foster self-esteem and creativity, and
serve as tools for personal/spiritual growth. They can make an enormous difference in our lives and in the lives
of our human and animal friends.
- The vibrational purity of the land in Alaska stands out as one of the very few places left on our planet where the
environment is much as it was thousands of years ago. Alaskan Essences are based on the co-creative
relationship that exists between the plant, mineral, and elemental kingdoms. This system derives its
effectiveness from the healing energy that each kingdom has to offer, and from the synergy that is created when
the essences are used together in a tincture remedy.